Kneel on the ground and raise one arm. Then rotate your shoulders and middle back while looking upwards.
MUSCLES BEING STRETCHED
Primary muscles: Semispinalis thoracis. Spinalis thoracis. Longissimus thoracis. Iliocostalis thoracis. Iliocostalis lumborum. Multifidus. Rotatores. Intertransversarii. Interspinales.
Secondary muscles: External and internal obliques. Pectoralis major.
INJURY WHERE STRETCH MAY BE USEFUL
Back muscle strain. Back ligament sprain. Abdominal muscle strain (obliques).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PERFORMING THIS STRETCH CORRECTLY
Keep your arm pointing straight upward and follow your hand with your eyes. This will help to further extend the stretch into your neck.
The best thing to do if you are in pain, is to visit your doctor or an experienced manual
therapist. The tips and advice contained in these pages are not an alternative to seeking professional medical advice.
- Small Muscles of the hand - How to treat "triggers"?
Hand Muscles and Trigger Points - Dry Needling Visit Online Store See Also: Adductor Pollicis and Opponens Po...
- Pronator Teres - Static Cupping
Treating Pronator Teres Trigger Points - Static Cupping Cupping Set + Online Course + Certification Treatin...
- Trigger Point Therapy - Neck Arthritis (Cervical Spondylosis)
Torsional Release for Trigger Points in the Neck See Course Details Most cases of neck arthritis res...
- Postural Trigger Points May Be Connected To 95% of Common Back and Shoulder Pain Disorders
Upper Crossed Syndrome Explained - Simeon Asher Click for Online Course Details Postural muscles tend to h...
- Stretching for Pain Relief - The Psoas Muscles
Stretching Psoas - Dr. Jonathan Kuttner Click for Course Details Stretching the Psoas Muscles The psoas majo...
- Trigger Point Therapy - ITB Syndrome
ITB Syndrome - Soft Tissue Therapy ITB Treatment - Online Course ITB Syndrome .... there are no "magic cur...
- Trigger Point Therapy - Taping for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
Taping for Plantar Fasciitis - Stuart Hinds Trigger Point Therapy Online Master Course Taping for Trigger Points...
- Trigger Point Therapy - Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Treating Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) is a frequently overlooked peripheral nerve c...
- What Are The Rules for Safe Stretching?
The Basic Rules for Safe and Effective Stretching Stuart Hind's Bio Online Course Details As with most act...
- Trigger Points and Lower Back Pain
Treating Trigger Points for Back Pain - Dr. Jonathan Kuttner Lower Back Pain has reached epidemic proportions. Here...
Share this post